Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a unique system of assisted stretching that leads to dramatic increases in mobility, reduced pain, and improved athletic performance. FST is performed on a massage table by a certified Fascial Stretch Therapist. Therapists apply slight traction to joints before introducing strategic stretches for your whole body. FST works to correct dysfunctional movement patterns, and increases flexibility and range of motion; imagine a cross between massage, yoga and assisted stretching. It is a great tool to alleviate mental and physical stress while improving performance, sleep and reducing chronic pain. What is fascia?
- Fascia is a connective tissue that surrounds muscles
- The daily activities of living cause fascia to become tight and shortened; this is worsened by poor posture, lack of exercise, injury, or over-training.
- Restricted fascia increases the likelihood for strains and tears, scar tissue formation, and injury inducing dysfunctional movement patterns.
How can FST help me?
- Reduce pain due to trigger points, scar tissue, and tendonitis.
- Speed up recovery time from injury. Avoid future injury.
- Improve low back pain.
- Improve posture.