Torontonian. Athlete. Human.
Karen is a life-long athlete and dedicated fitness professional.
She is a CanFitPro Personal Trainer Specialist, Level 1 Strength Coach (Poliquin International Certification Program), Fascial Stretch Therapist (Stretch to Win Institute), Biosignature Hormonal Profiling Praticioner (Poliquin International Certification Program) and is trained in Assessment and Exercise, Advanced Strength Training and Olympic Lifting (Darby Training Systems).
Whether the client is a high-performance athlete seeking to achieve new levels of success, a newcomer to fitness training, or an individual looking to overcome or prevent injury, Karen designs and conducts training programs to achieve optimal results in a manner that is collaborative, free from judgement and enjoyable. Results are achieved for clients because Karen's training sessions are founded in scientific knowledge, continual research and professional development, first-hand experience, passion and creativity.
Karen's approach recognizes the integral role that fitness plays in overall health and quality of life. A focus on functional strength ensures that Karen's clients receive workout programs that achieve genuine fitness, not merely the appearance of fitness.
Strength for Every Body. No Judgment. Just Results.
- CanFit Pro - Personal Trainer Specialist
- Poliquin International Certification Program (PICP) - Level 1 Strength Coach (Level 2 pending)
- Darby Training Systems - Assesment and Exercise, Advanced Strength Training and Olympic Lifting
- Fascial Stretch Therapist - Stretch to Win Institute
- Biosignature Hormonal Profiling Practitioner (PICP) - http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Education/Biosignature.aspx
PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS & INTERESTS:
- Olympic Weightlifting OWA hopeful
- Multiple half-marathon runner
- Former OFSA level field hockey player
- Competitive ice hockey player
- CrossFit competitor
- Avid cook and baker
- UBC Bachelor of Arts, background in Equity Studies and the non-profit sector
IN HOME TRAINING
You live here. Karen also trains here.