Baked Eggs in a Turkey Basket I was going to start this recipe with one of a dozen or so awful egg puns I had thought up, instead I'll skip the fowl humour and get straight to business.
Do you enjoy hard boiled eggs? Does their perfect protein packed oval shape please you? Do you also like turkey? What about green things?
These little guys are a great portable snack or on-the-go breakfast option.
Meet your new best friend:
- several slices (200-300 grams worth) roasted turkey
- 6 eggs
- leftover cooked veggies of your choice
- muffin tin
What you do:
- heat oven to 350°
- lightly brush muffin tin with olive oil
- place sliced turkey in muffin tin to form a turkey basket
- add 1 tablespoon cooked veggies
- crack egg in each turkey basket (don't worry if it seems to break through the turkey, they will harden in the oven
- season with salt and pepper
- bake for 20-30 minutes depending on your egg done-ness preference